Posted to uk.d-i-y
Graeme[_7_] Graeme[_7_] is offline

Default OT looking for basic accounts software as going self-employed

In message ,
Murmansk writes
I'm planning to become self-employed as a handyman and looking for some
basic/cheap/free software I can use to keep records and submit my tax
return.

I have been self employed for 15 years, and found spreadsheets perfectly
OK to keep my accounts, although do employ an accountant to give my
figures a quick once over, then transfer the totals to my tax return,
which he does online.

Strongly suggest you keep every scrap of paper, and keep everything
labelled and filed. What is familiar today will cause headaches if
needed 5 or 6 years later. I don't use anything sophisticated - just
plastic and manilla envelopes, but all are carefully labelled and filed,
'just in case'.

--
Graeme