Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Bruce Esquibel[_2_] Bruce Esquibel[_2_] is offline

Default Where does Radio Shack hide their older manuals?

wrote:

The nearest RS to me, lost their cellphone business. They said that was
80% of their business. They were facing a shutdown, but opted to become
an appliance store, and still carry RS products in the back of the
store. But the shelves are pretty bare now. I wonder how long that will
last???? I bet it wont last long....

I think I read they re-filed for bankrupcy again a couple weeks ago so that
should be the last nail in the coffin.

Also I think you wasted more time looking for a manual than doing your
trial-and-error routine, which would take like a whole 5 minutes.

I used to use those and there isn't much to understand, the general purpose
of it was to avoid moving cable around between 4 devices, two of which are
recorders and 2 players (laser or ced). You can route the output from disc
or aux into either vcr or record from vcr1 to vcr2, or the other way around.
The processor was just a line level video amp which main purpose was to
boost the signal where if you had a disc playing and wanted it fed to both
vcr1 and vcr2 at the same time, it wouldn't load the output of the disc.
Monitor is just which of the 4 devices you want routed to the tv.

Like I said, would take like 10 minutes to play around with it.

These were handy back when tv's had the sole video/audio rca-in jacks and
you had more than one "thing" to plug into it.

The ability to record from vcr1 into vcr2 or vcr2 into vcr1 by rotating a
couple knobs was the 2nd best feature. After that, meh.

-bruce