Posted to sci.electronics.repair
John Robertson John Robertson is offline

Default Where does Radio Shack hide their older manuals?

On 2017/04/04 11:54 AM, wrote:
On Tue, 4 Apr 2017 07:32:51 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Tuesday, April 4, 2017 at 10:14:41 AM UTC-4, wrote:
I know that Radio Shack has manuals for their products online, or at
least they used to. I'm looking for a manual/schematic for an older
Archer A/V mixer. Archer Model: 15-1263.

Radioshack.com dont seem to have any links ot their manuals. Where do
they hide them?

http://www.manualsonline.com/brands/radio_shack

http://www.repeater-builder.com/radi...ack-index.html

https://archive.org/details/radioshackhardwaremanuals

All of the above took less than a minute to find. And there are dozens more.
Typically, if you search on what you have, you will find what you need to sup
port it. It just may not be where you expect it to be.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

I know how to use Google and it took me more than a minute (on dialup),
but I was already at these and many more sites that google came up with.
NONE of the above produced any manual. I spent well over 2 hours prior
to posting this question, using google to no avail.

The manualsonline.com does have some links to actual Radio Shack manuals
though, but not this one

repeater-builder.com is one of the more useful sites, but ONLY for 2-way
radios, ham gear, and scanners.
However, I did learn soemthing from this site. That is the fact that
Radio Shack went bankrupt (which I knew), in 2015. They are now owned by
Sprint.

But the real answer to my question is:
Manuals are no longer available on the public Radio Shack web site.
(I know they were available in they past).

If they were available in the past on the RS web site then see if you
have any luck using the WayBack machine on http://www.Archive.org. Many
is the time I have found manuals, etc. using the WayBack engine!

Just put the URL you are looking for and the WayBack machine will show
you all the dates it archived the site. The depth of the archive depends
on the site's Robots.txt file...

If you find what you are looking for consider uploading it to one of the
free sites that has been useful to you...

John :-#)#

www.flippers.com