Posted to sci.electronics.repair
David Farber David Farber is offline

Default JVC RX-807V receiver. One channel distorted when SEA is enabled.

Bruce Esquibel wrote:
David Farber wrote:

I'm servicing a JVC RX-807V receiver.

You know, there was something about that model number that bugged me
and finally realized there is a similar one in the junk pile.

It's a model RX-905VTN, I'm sure it's in the same generation but not
the same series. I'm pretty sure it was one of those, if you could
fix it let me know, if not use it for parts. That was like 20 years
ago.

Anyway, in case the problem with yours ends up being some weird
obsolete jvc-only IC or something else similar, feel free to ask for
the boards out of the thing. It's complete and actually looks brand
new but would probably be more to ship whole anywhere than it's worth.

I didn't see a service manual anywhere to see if it's similar but I
can take some snaps with the cover off to see if any of the circuit
boards are similar.

-bruce

Hi Bruce,

As far as I can tell, the components in question are not custom. IC 503 is a
standard dual op-amp whose DC output voltages start creeping up until it
reaches Vc or 12 volts and then the positive half of the signal is clipped.

The board in question is ENC-093 version C. It's a plug-in board as many of
the circuit boards are.

Thanks for your reply.
--

David Farber