Posted to sci.electronics.repair
David Farber David Farber is offline

Default JVC RX-807V receiver. One channel distorted when SEA is enabled.

wrote:
What is the function of the JFET, Q553?

It looks like an audio switch that connects the L and R channels
together in some mode controlled by the Mode 2 signal, for some
reason. Is there a mono mode?

I'd disconnect this first to troubleshoot the other problem, it may
be related or not.

Once you have the two channels isolated from each other, it may be
easier to trace the distortion problem.

Mark

There is no mono mode that I can see. I do not have the remote control.
Maybe it could be activated in certain surround modes? (This receiver has
Pro Logic surround sound.)

Are you saying I should just remove the JFET, Q553, to isolate left from
right and see what happens?

Thanks for your reply.
--

David Farber