View Single Post
  #2   Report Post  
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
external usenet poster

Default JVC RX-807V receiver. One channel distorted when SEA is enabled.

I think you should resolder the board. When **** like this happens in one channel and then the other independently it is almost not going to be the power supply, which is usually the first logical guess. But in this case with both channels intermittent I think it has bad connections.

They may look good, especially with lead free solder, but the reason that you experience this the way you described could be due to thermal issues.

I am so disgusted with lead free solder that I quit. Think about that. I almost refuse to work on anything with it. It is too unpredictable and also it has corrosion issues you cannot see. Resolder it with 63/37 and cook it. I mean COOK IT. But look for the connections that might be possible for the problem, do not do all the connections. In fact if you have a floating iron you can do it while it is running and find the bad ones more easily. However, do not expect simple resoldering to fix it. You have to take all that lead free **** off and clean the connections, which means the board as well as the pins or whatever, and use the 63/37 on it.

If you do not want a recall that is.