Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RangersSuck RangersSuck is offline

Default Work Clothes

On Sunday, March 5, 2017 at 9:03:44 AM UTC-5, rangerssuck wrote:
On Saturday, March 4, 2017 at 4:39:32 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Saturday, March 4, 2017 at 8:09:34 AM UTC-5, Terry Coombs wrote:

Thanks for the tip Larry , but I don't spend 600 bucks on clothes in 10
years ... and anyway I have a pretty nice ser of leathers .
--
Snag

I probably do spend $600 on clothes in ten years. I frequent the local Salvation Army and buy shirts, jackets , and cashmere sweaters there. But pass on buying jeans. I buy them from Walmart for less than $10. For some reason I wear out the left knee on the blue jeans. I tried to fix that with some Kevlar, but it just is not worth the effort.

Dan

Interesting. I always wear out the right knee before the left - something to do with politics maybe? Recently, though, I've been being more conscientious about using kneepads.

Also, for a lot of my factory work, I've switched to Duluth Firehose pants. Yes, they're expensive, but they are tough as nails, comfortable, fit well, have lots of pockets and come clean in the wash.

Also, I buy T-shirts at Goodwill for $.49 each. Usually brand new.