Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
amdx[_3_] amdx[_3_] is offline

Default Modern car paint and rust

On 2/16/2017 10:55 AM, Leon Fisk wrote:
On Thu, 16 Feb 2017 09:13:56 -0600
amdx wrote:

snip
I have a 97 Toyota T-100 that still looks beautiful and runs great.
Will admit we had the sides of the bed repainted, not because of any
problem but because we used as a work truck and the idiots that loaded
it rubbed their belt buckles on the bed as they loaded it. They put a
bunch of scratches in the paint. I'm in the Florida sun and after 20
years the roof and hood still look good, we do garage it though.

They have a reputation in the rustbelt

https://duckduckgo.com/html/?q=toyot...t+recall&kd=-1

WOw! I'll need to climb under and check it out.
I expect I won't see any problems, it's been a Florida truck all it's
life, so no snow or salt on the underside. It just rolled over 100,000
miles in the last two weeks. Hmm, another 20 years will make me 81, I
might need to purchase another truck before I die. ;-)
Thanks for the heads up on the rust problem.

Mikek

---