Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Not looking good for the Bosch Reaxx TS

On 2/17/2017 10:57 AM, Jack wrote:
Snip

Which specific alloy of stainless steel should
be used and why that alloy and not some other
alloy?

One that makes them not rust out. Your local stainless steel
manufacture will gladly help them out. I could tell them but no reason
on earth they can't find out from a better source.

Engineering is always a compromise.

Perhaps a few $Billion in fines would help them compromise on the side
of a safe braking system, rather than $billions for fudging on MPG...

Don't take this like I am ganging up on you. ;~)

A billion dollar fine for an auto manufacturer for a brake problem that
I was never aware of when I was in that business, service manager of an
Oldsmobile dealer. And this may actually be more common in recent years
but up until 1995 not really a thing except in isolated cases.

How about a billion dollar fine against all TS manufacturers that did
not care about our safety enough to build a safer saw when they had the
opportunity. I will give you the possibility that it may have been
expensive. But giving you that, the brand that out sells all others in
the USA pretty much is the most expensive saw in it's class.

Has anyone heard of someone that has been injured on a non SawStop TS?
Yeah....;~)
Has any one heard of some one that has been injured on a SawStop. Not
so far, by me.