Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Did gummer freeze to death, or drown in the floods

On Sun, 12 Feb 2017 13:48:09 -0500, Tom Gardner
wrote:

On 1/27/2017 9:48 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

Yes, it is no longer cheap and easy to go plinking.

Costs me $2.50/box of 50 for .38, .45. .41 and .44 a bit more due to
powder cost.

Yabbut, those aren't .22 for quick/simple/light/cheap.
..45 does more than "plink", don'tcha know?

And, it takes me about an hour to load 400 rounds.

Yes, and it cost you a grand to get set up to be able to do that. The
press, dies, brass, brass tools, bullets, powder, primers, etc. If I
shot a lot, it would be worth it, but I still can't find .22 for a
reasonable price and I can't figure it out. I heard that some guys
are buying up 10k case lots, but who knows where to find those and
finance 'em.

--
Give me the luxuries of life.
I can live without the necessities.