Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Aviators oxygen vs welding or medical oxygen.

On 2017-02-12, wrote:

So I got a cylinder from a friend, that is a Avox System 9700 series,
11.0 CU FT 1800 PSI. Which I really really like, but I am confuse about
if I have to refill it which O2 should I use, what if I just can not get
aviators oxygen?

Actually I just don't know much about this.

Can someone help me?

What do you want to use it for?

I would consider aviator's oxygen and medical oxygen to be
identical -- similar control of impurities which would be dangerous to
breathe. (And I've breathed from chemical purity oxygen in an emergency
-- a bad asthma attack caused by rosin soldering flux smoke.

If you want to weld with it, it should work, but the pressure is
lower than most welding tanks, so you would not get much welding time
from it.

The tank is probably lighter than welding tanks, and if
aluminum, likely cannot be refilled as many times before flex failure.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail