Posted to sci.electronics.repair
root root is offline

Default Kodi device not seen by Denon Receiver

Bruce Esquibel wrote:
root wrote:

Connecting the Kodi directly to the TV works fine.

The Denon has no trouble with any of my other HDMI devices.
What could the problem be?

There is no such thing as a "kodi device", kodi is software. Odds are it's
one of those black boxes loaded with a custom interface sitting on top of
an old version of kodi that can't be upgraded.

Have you tried to change the default settings?

home - system - settings - system - video output - display

Try changing the resolution to something else, even like 1280x720 to see if
the auto-default guessed wrong what it thinks it is connected to.

If you didn't build that "device" yourself, remember it could just be a
Rasberry Pi under there which barely has enough horsepower to do 720p.

-bruce

Although I suspected that my device was a Rasberry Pi, I'm not sure.
I thought it best to refer to as a Kodi device and let it go
as that. I solved my immediate problem after finding out the
receiver doesn't map the inputs at the back to the selections
and display on the front.