Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leon Fisk Leon Fisk is offline

Default Millermatic 250MP Technical Manual

On Wed, 8 Feb 2017 18:11:49 -0700
BobH wrote:

snip
I don't have the tech manual, but if you follow the traces on the main
board for the motor output back to the motor driver, It is a good bet
that the power device that drives the motor is toasted. There might be
some kind of interlock on it, but usually the highest power handling
device in a circuit is the first thing to fail. You can do a lot of
reverse engineering with manufacturer data sheets for the parts in the
circuit.

Look at power supply voltages around the driver circuit. If they look
sane, and you can see all the inputs to the circuits (from the data
sheets) behaving in a way that makes sense, I would swap the output devices.

Thanks for the advice. I'm a retired two-way radio tech with lots of
other dabbling in devices. That is what I've been doing so far.
Internet access helps a lot nowadays. Beats looking through a shelf
full of old IC books anyday Tedious work and tail chasing though when
you can't see how everything kinda works and links together. I sorely
miss the multi-color board layouts, circuit theory and diagrams in
the good manuals I used back then...

Figured this to be a long shot but I might get lucky

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b