Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Millermatic 250MP Technical Manual

On 2017-02-08, Leon Fisk wrote:
I have a friends Millermatic 250MP that I am trying to repair. Local
Miller said that the Microprocessor Board is bad, obsolete...

I have the Operators Manual:

https://www.millerwelds.com/files/ow...O1308K_MIL.pdf

It has decent interconnection stuff but just block diagrams for the
main and micro boards.

This sounds like the _Technical Reference Manual_ for a computer
I used quite a bit back when. It had the full schematics for the main
system board, and various plugin-boards (no not PC compatible at all),
but two things had no such schematics. The card in the video monitor,
and the switching power supply.

Both were made by other companies, and I don't think that this
company even *had* the schematics. They just specified what they wanted
it to do (and the pin locations for the power supply connector) and it
arrived from the manufacturer. End of game.

[ ... ]

I've pretty much exhausted my searching for one. Per a Miller forum and
weldingweb.com forum there is a Tech Manual for it. I don't belong to
either forum so can't nicely ask for one. Hate to sign up and then
start begging right away...

The tech manual may not have those schematics, either. But it
may have more troubleshooting info, so you could verify where the
problem really is. It sounds like it is in the wire feed, or perhaps
some sensor which verifies that the wire is there before turning on the
motor.

So... does anyone happen to have this manual or can link me to a
download?

No such luck here. Sorry.

Good Luck,
DoN.