Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair
Winfield Hill[_2_] Winfield Hill[_2_] is offline

Default Finding 100A TVS diode?

Spare Change wrote...

BZW6-26, 26v TVS unidirectional diode, through-hole, obsolete, n/a.

The original datasheet says that the 600W peak pulse power is measured over
10/1000 uS waveform, but the 100A forward surge current is specd over 1/2
cycle of 60 Hz sine:

http://diotec.com/tl_files/diotec/fi...heets/bzw065v8

All replacements I see, the surge current is nowhere near 100A or is specd
at 10/1000 uS waveform.

Surely the original isnt all that unique a part...? Anyone know of a
direct replacement?

Fagor (my TVS favorite) uses the same spec. So
does ST. Try the -28 version for distributor
inventory. Fagor's slightly larger 5kp version,
8.7 x 9 mm, is rated for 500A surge. There are
larger ones available.

--
Thanks,
- Win