Old February 4th 17, 02:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Robert Nichols Robert Nichols is offline

Default Drill Press Foot Switch

On 02/03/2017 01:00 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
I've been playing with a regular foot switch on my floor standing drill press. Over all I like it except that the work light isn't on except when I am standing on the switch. I can of course wire the foot switch into the leads to the motor, but I was wondering if there is any over riding reason not to have a foot switch on a drill press. Its really quick for some types of job.

Are you absolutely certain you will never accidentally step on the foot switch while changing bits in the chuck?