Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Drill Press Foot Switch

On Friday, February 3, 2017 at 2:01:03 PM UTC-5, Bob La Londe wrote:
but I was wondering if there is any over riding reason
not to have a foot switch on a drill press. Its really quick for some types
of job.

I bought a bunchtoy drill press off Craigs List that already had a foot switch wired so one could use either the foot switch or the switch on the drill press.
And I can see it would be really good for some jobs, but I rarely use the foot switch. It is just that I usually do not drill two holes with the same drill.
So before you run out and buy a foot switch, think about what kind of work you do.

Dan