Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Did gummer freeze to death, or drown in the floods

On Sat, 28 Jan 2017 14:44:56 +1100, Jon Anderson
wrote:

On 28/01/2017 1:48 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

At least get a gas diving speargun w/ harpoon, wot?

Why? Oh, you still live in the States. Things are different here,
at least in the country. We only lock the house if we're all away for
more than a day. In hot weather the back door is often left open.
Probably hard for many Americans to envision living in a town this safe.

Yeah, nice while it lasts.

I'm not up on how the law here regards use of deadly force in self
defense. Violent crime is just not a problem here (different in the big
cities of course), only 2 murders in the region in a decade.

Same here in little Grants Pass until a few years ago, when crystal
meth found a toehold.

Better things to be spending my money on, like finding a mill and a lathe.

What? I thought those were in the shop cargo container you finally
retrieved.

--
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the
government fears the people, there is liberty."