Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Did gummer freeze to death, or drown in the floods

On Sat, 28 Jan 2017 10:43:54 +1100, Jon Anderson
wrote:

On 28/01/2017 9:36 AM, David Billington wrote:

I lived in the states for 12 years and had a gun license in Kansas,
or at least did the gun training, it was some years ago now.

Did you have a concealed carry license, or just take the class, David?

I don't
have any great affinity for guns, but did enjoy the buzz off shooting
them on occasions, but didn't feal any need for them especially here in
the UK although my dad did when in the US.

I'll bet he did. Many people from lockdown countries do that. Who
doesn't like a good loud pop/bang/boom and a target paper with a hole
in it? Anywhere in it. g

I used to take 3-4 firearms down to a nearby river and plink. There was
also an uncontrolled range out of town a ways, backstops out to 200
yards. And of course have shot at controlled ranges. But the expense,
tight controls, and limited opportunities were a turnoff.

Yes, it is no longer cheap and easy to go plinking.

Those part of my collection was for self defense back there, no need
here.

Until the day you do need one. sigh

Plenty of cricket bats around the house...

At least get a gas diving speargun w/ harpoon, wot?

And this is a town were many still leave homes unlocked during the day
while at work.

Fond memories of Vista, CA when we moved there in '66.

Today I prefer to do my shooting with my cameras, especially the old and
abandoned farm houses scattered throughout the countryside.

Most of my shooting is with a digital camera, too, but I'm not
divesting myself of -any- self-defense weapons.

--
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the
government fears the people, there is liberty."