CMF

Default Cable TV Splitter Signal Strength

"New Question" wrote in message
.. .
There is a cable television line that enters from outside into our

basement.
The first device the cable connects to is an in-line Viewsonics VSGB1GTSS.
The Viewsonics VSGB1GTSS is not a line splitter, so I'm assuming it's a
signal booster of some kind. The second device the cable connects to is a
Signal Vision 2-way splitter SV-2G 5-1000MHz, with two 3.5dB outputs.

My goal is to run a third cable line off this line. Thus, I will need to
change the 2-way splitter to a 3-way splitter. Is Cannel Vision a good

brand
for a 3-way splitter? Will I need to change the Viewsonics VSGB1GTSS to
match the 3-way splitter?

A google search did not show any match for VSGB1GTSS, so I am curious as to
what it is. I have a Viewsonics amplifier in front of me, a VSA-601L. Tell
me, does this VSG... have a power feed to it?

Anyway, any good 3 way splitter should do the trick, and you can put in an
amplifier if necessary. Get the 3 way splitter and just see how the pictures
look.

How's that for a high tech answer!

Maury
Wylie, TX

ps. can you verify the VSGB... number, or get a little more info from the
device? You have me curious.