Bob M.

Default Lawn Mower Idle Oscillates

If it's a Tecumseh engine, and there's a flat area in the fuel bowl, this
goes directly under the hinge area of the carb, so the float can drop as far
as it needs to.

Bob
===
"Buck Wheat" wrote in message
om...
Actually, it would not start about a month ago, so I took the bowl off
and cleaned out the carb and hoses. I had to turn the bowl little by
little to get it started again, I think maybe the bowl is still not
correctly positioned.

I'll take it off and try to find the right position, I have not seen
any markings to line-up..if there are any(?) I'll check all other
parts for clogging, etc.

Thanks for taking the time to reply, it's a riding mower and I dread
trying to get it to the shop.

"Dr. Doctor" wrote in message

hunt or oscillates can be the spring but in all my years of working and
teaching on small engines it is not a common failure. there is a list of
possible here is but a few, air filter plugged, worn throttle shaft

carb,
intake manifold leaking, governor problems (worn or misadjust) linkage

worn
bent or missing, fuel problems.

as I said the list is long but when one runs into a problem with a

spring it
is more common it will either be stretched and the rpms are too low or
modified some how and has too much tension making rpms too high.

good luck