Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Dr. Deb[_5_] Dr. Deb[_5_] is offline

Default French Rolling pin

On Sunday, November 13, 2016 at 8:26:45 AM UTC-6, Dr. Deb wrote:
A friend asked me to contribute an item or items to her church fund raiser auction. I had a bowl that was not too bad and thought I would send it along. Then I got the wild idea to turn a French rolling pin (according to her, and she would know, a true French rolling pin tapers from the center to each end). Thought I would share the final product.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bte1gc1vwn..._2382.JPG?dl=0

In talking with my cooking guru friend, she said the "French" pin was solely used to make French bread and that you needed to beat the (fill in an applicable adjective) out of it. Which is the reason for the taper. In this case the Celtic Knot in the middle was just to dress it up, and my friend said it was much too pretty to use, but she could not put it down when I showed it to her. :-)

BTW, for all you wives, who are also turners, you do know what a H.A.T. is, right? -- Husband Alignment Tool, or so I told our elder daughter when she made a rolling pin (normal straight style) as her first turning project.