David Efflandt

Default Best location for Dehumidifier?

On Sat, 02 Aug 2003, Arthur wrote:
I am using a 50-pint Dehumidifier for an area with a staircase. Cold
air normally descends, but I don't know the properties of
"humidity"--does it tend to travel "up" like warm air?

My question: Is it better to place the Dehumidifier at the bottom of
the staircase, or is it better to place the Dehumidifier at the top?

Cold air cannot hold as much total moisture as warmer air, so condensation
would tend to occur at the lowest location. A dehumidifier chills the air
to condense moisture, and then uses it for cooling, making it somewhat
warmer, drier and lighter. Or taken to the extreme, which way does water
run?

http://www.autox.chicago.il.us/ http://www.berniesfloral.net/
http://cgi-help.virtualave.net/ http://hammer.prohosting.com/~cgi-wiz/