Posted to sci.electronics.repair
micky micky is offline

Default mag-lev-turntable

In sci.electronics.repair, on Sat, 12 Nov 2016 13:05:48 +0000 (UTC),
Bruce Esquibel wrote:

MJC wrote:

I'm sure a vertical turntable was marketed decades ago. I don't remember
the supposed advantage, though...

I still own and use one, a Mitsubishi LT-5V.

I see one sold on ebay last year for 450.

The main advantage to it, it's practically immune to rumble via outside
sources. Within reason, stick it on a wobbly table with a loose floor, jump
up and down while it's playing and, nothing.

It's not the greatest turntable ever built for other things (besides looks)
but it is good at that one thing. Up and down vibrations just don't bother
it.

-bruce