Art Begun

Default New furnace blower noise problem

Is it just at startup or all the time? One of my 3 gas furnaces was
very loud at startup. I thought it was the attic one and it was just
noise going thru the sheetrock ceiling and nothing could be done..
After 2 years of that, I'm in the basement and the noisy one starts
off like a roar. Turned out the source was the basement and the gas
pipe was close to a PVC exhaust pipe and that vibrated against the PVC
when the thing started up creating a roar throughout the house. A
sponge between the 2 solved the problem forever.

"Lenine" wrote in message
Hello -

I just had a new furnace installed. The blower is horribly loud.

There is
no way that I can live with this noise, but the installer said

that's how
all of the high-efficiency furnaces are now. I really don't believe

anyone
would put up with this.

Is there anything that can be done to reduce the blower noise on a

furnace?
Assuming that it was installed correctly, that is. I wasn't able to

find
much in a google search of groups.

Thanks for any info -

Dutchie