CBHvac

Default Can you derive a 110 volt outlet from a 4 wire 220 volt in the US?

Hint...
The power that comes into your home...its 220V..

We carry adaptors for all our 110-115V based equipment to run them when
working on AC units, where there is no 110-115V outlet nearby...

"Steven Kingsley" wrote in message
om...
I just purchased a new house and am installing a new gas range. I
had a heating company come out and pipe gas to the location of the
stove, but will still need to figure something out for electricity.

I've seen several websites and newsgroup posts saying that you can
derive a 110 volt by using one of the hot wires from your range outlet
and the neutral wire.

It makes sense to me, being that our 220s are just two 110s. However,
all the sites that confirm this information are Canadian and I'm
afraid that appliance wiring between the two countries might be a bit
different. Before I electrocute myself, are there any US based
electricians out there that can confirm?

Thanks!