Travis Jordan

Default Kenmore Dishwasher - Troubleshoot?

Travis Jordan wrote:
tippybob wrote:
I have a Kenmore Elite dishwasher, about 2-1/2 years old. It
recently stopped working; some of the leds on the control panel
blink on and off, but I can't select a cycle or get any action by
pressing the start button. The Sears technician was here today and
after seeing the symptoms informed me that I need a new control
panel and computer module. The total cost for repairs will be over
$400.00, and I had to pay a $70 service call fee just to get the
estimate. The dishwasher had a 2-year warranty on the electronics,
and is certainly not worth repairing at that price. Anyway, before I
send this unit to the junk pile, I would like to see if there is
anything I can check myself. I am handy with tools and a voltmeter,
and would like any suggestions as to what I might be able to check
myself. Is there a separate power supply for the electronics, or
anything else that might be simple to check and/or repair? Thanks
in advance for any and all suggestions.

Bob

It's a long shot, but is this of any help?

http://pub103.ezboard.com/fappliance...age?topicID=47
8.topic