Dave Plowman

Default Another heating problem question!

In article ,
David Hearn wrote:
I added TRVs this weekend and the week before replaced the boiler
thermostat. Since doing this I've noticed that the downstairs is not as
hot as it used to be - even with the TRV heads off.

Some TRVs have a built in pre-set sort of lockshield valve - the Drayton
ones I've just fitted have and you require a special tool to adjust it.
And they appear to come set back slightly and as I don't yet have the tool
so just opened up the other lockshield valves to compensate. Perhaps if
you're running at a very slow flow rate this factory setting is too low?

--
*A hangover is the wrath of grapes.

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn