John W. Wells

Default Sears Garage Door Opener, Remote Keypad Problem

On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 03:24:39 GMT, "Kevin O'"
wrote:

Yup, same here - probably every 3rd or fourth use - a second push on the
ENTER button usually does the trick...

Kevin O'

Thanks Kevin, and thanks also to Pat, Bruce, screamingchild, and
Doordoc!

The second 'Enter' does seem to help. I also straightened the antenna
wires a bit (although they were pretty straight to begin with).

The two doors are side-by-side and the keypads are on the door
trim--about as close as they could possibly be to motor heads.

But I'm thinking that perhaps some of the problem IS contact bounce,
so I've lightened up my touch, concentrated on straight-in key
strokes, and slowed my key-pushing speed a bit.

And so far, on about 4 tests today, after careful attention to all of
your suggestions--tah, dah!--they seem to be working!

Gratefully,

--John Wellington Wells