D'Olier

Default Kitchen counter

We have one of those kitchen counters with what looks like a laminate top
stuck onto some wood. Part of it was damaged a few months ago and I went to
HD and Lowes to ask about getting a replacement 'patch'. They said I can
only buy it with the wood attached and I'd have to replace the whole
counter - or at least a good section of it. The damage is only about 3"x3".
There must be a way to buy just the surface part and stick it on without
having to replace the whole wooden piece.

Anybody know where I can buy the piece I need?

Thanks.

Paul