John W. Wells

Default Sears Garage Door Opener, Remote Keypad Problem

I recently installed two Sears openers on my garage doors. They came
with remote keypads (wireless) that I mounted outside.

To open the doors with the keypads one must push the 4-key code
followed by the Enter key. The problem is that they do not open the
doors on the first try. We must invariably re-enter the code to
operate a door.

I tried replacing the cheapo batteries provided with fresh alkalines,
but to no avail.

If that's not frustrating enough, adding to our irritation are those
crummy rubbery keypad buttons that want to move off sideways rather
than go straight in when pushed.

Is this normal behavior, or have I gotten two faulty keypads by
coincidence? Or could I (heaven forbid!) have made some sort of
installation mistake?!

--John W. Wells