IMM

Default Upgrading childs electric bike

"Alan Campbell" wrote in message
om...
My son has an electric quad bike that he has had for about a year now.
He is very confident on it now and is complaining that it doesnt go
fast enough ! I was wondering if there is anything that I can do about
this ?

It has a 6v 7.2Ah battery fitted. I have checked the motor, but
cannot see anything that tells me what rating it is. Could I upgrade
the battery ? what is the best way to go ? upping the volts of the
Ah. Maplins sell 12v 7Ah and 6v 10Ah batteries that would fit the
space, or should I just foget the idea ?

What is the law on these electric scooters and quads that have kids riding
them dangerously all over the place, on and off pavements? Some the
children look too young to drive a motorised vehicle.

---