ivan

Default tackiest brand names/worst brands TV/VCR/stereo etc?

"b" wrote in message
om...
I am constantly amazed at what weird /unheard-of/ downright cheap 'n'
nasty-sounding "brand" names continually pop up on the front of 'brown'
goods like TVs,Videos and stereos. Most of the culprits appear in large
national supermarket and electrical stores. So, here are some of the
tackiest I have found so far (UK and Europe). (NB. Most of the
equipment also lived up to its tacky name by being either of low
quality or impossible to find service / & parts info.) Anyone else got
names to add to the list?

Sonitron (TV VCR)
Roadstar (TV VCR)
SoGo (TV / audio)
Kniessel (TV/vcr)
Unisef (portable audio)
shan (car audio)
Cathay (portable audio)
Mikachi (clock radio)
Artech (portable audio)
Yokan (TV)
Playsonic (TV)
Beko (TV)
Ansonic (TV)
Vistar (TV)
JRC (TV)
gran prix (portable audio)
silvano (portable audio)
MX Onda (portable audio)
Blue sky (Tv, audio)
Saivod (TV, audio)
SEG (TV/VCR/Audio)
Oskar (portable audio)
Radiotone (TV/portable audio)
Gelhard (car audio)
Schneider (TV/VCR/audio)
Shinko (vcr)
Shintom (vcr)
Sanwa (vcr)
Pershin (audio)
Basic line (TV/VCR)
Firstline (TV/vcr)
Redder (TV)
AR systems (TV/ portable audio)
Crown (audio)
Binatone (TV/audio)
Fidelity (TV/audio)
Alba (TV /VCR /Audio
Matsui (TV/VCR/Audio)
Hinari (TV VCR/ Audio)
Saisho (TV/VCR/Audio)
Proline (TV/VCR/Audio)
(Konka, Funai - from the US I presume)
-----
Looking forward to your contributions!

Don't you have to be careful condemning various makes of appliances out of
hand, especially when in many cases they are just a brand name that can turn
up on virtually anything?

I'm surprised you haven't included companies such as Hitachi and Toshiba in
the list, considering that some of their models use the same Vestel chassis
as Beko.

Over the years I have also found that Matsui and Saisho receivers and VCRs
could incorporate anything from Panasonic to Grundig and Orion chassis, to
name but a few of the various permutations that one is liable to encounter,
you'll also find a lot of Goodman's stuff is manufactured by Philips.

I own a fairly cheap w/s Crown TV receiver, which uses a nicely made
chassis, very similar to one found in some Grundig receivers, it also uses a
Panasonic CRT.

Ben