WEBPA

Default How to reattach LCD Ribbon Cable?

display attached to the main circuit
board with a ribbon cable, one end of which has come loose. My first
instinct is just to heat up the individual traces but I can't tell if
it was attached with solder or something else. Also I am nervous about
melting the plastic backing or the ribbon cable.

Does aanyone know how these things are normally attached and/or how to
repair them?

Thanks.

--
Nelson

"...one end of which..." So: Which END?

The end normally connected to the LCD is connected with a "zebra" connector
which relies on pressure only. The end normally connected to the PCB uses some
other kind of connector, usually with a "latch" of some sort to secure the FPCB
to the connector.

It is a pretty good bet that soldering to the glass substrate in the LCD will
not advance your cause.
webpa