Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Nuisance calls near zero

on 06/10/2016, pamela supposed :
Doesn't the TrueCall announcement tell your callers to press some
button if they wish to speak to you? Those automated calls wouldn't
know to do that.

As mentioned earlier. Anyone who rings from a number not in the
phonebook or hides their number, gets the chance to state their name
then press #. If they manage to do that, my phones ring, the name they
recorded is played back to me then I can accept the call, reject it, or
send them to voicemail.

I have only had that happen twice since putting the system in, both
were genuine callers trying to get through. The phone has not rung once
with a nuisance caller trying to ring, but certainly they have rung -
it logs their calls on the screen with a number if one was available.