Posted to alt.home.repair
FromTheRafters FromTheRafters is offline

Default Electrical Outlets Upside Down? Code?

It happens that Oren formulated :
On Wed, 05 Oct 2016 15:18:40 -0400, Nil
wrote:

ground pin down for always on, ground pin up for switched outlets

That's the first good reason I've heard here for doing it one way over
the other. I'm tempted to turn some of the outlets in my house around
like that!

Its been stated here many times, people keep wanting a citation to a
code or to debate an inspector.

My cave my rules

And if they want to come turn them upside down again by force, let 'em
try - I still have a gun to defend my castle.

Seems a lot like the old Lilliputian big endian little endian conflict.