Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] Paintedcow@unlisted.moo is offline

Default Electrical Outlets Upside Down? Code?

On Thu, 29 Sep 2016 13:43:15 -0500, Mark Lloyd wrote:

That's something I do. Sometimes, I've even changed it in public places.

Unlike a lot of people, my idea of "looks best" depends on practical
things, not silly rules. If you plug something into the top outlet (of a
vertically mounted) duplex receptacle, the cord hangs down across the
bottom outlet making it harder to use.

I'm not sure if I EVER thought it looked best to use the top.

Just wrap electrical tape around the hot terminal on all plugs!