Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] hrhofmann@att.net is offline

Default Electrical Outlets Upside Down? Code?

Derby Day wrote:

I haven't. My hedge trimmer doesn't have it's own cord, just a plug built
into a recessed area of the handle. The socket end of an extension cord
connects directly to that plug and is held in by a molded hook.

Now ask me about cutting the *extension cord* with my hedge trimmer

I have the same type of trimmer, and several various length extension cords to use depending on how far from the house I have to go. I just checked, at least one of my 5 extension cords does not have a band of tape where I nicked/cut it. Of course, that is over 40+ years of use so I guess it is not too bad.