Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default SuperNova 2 on sale

I have the Nova or was it a Nova2 maybe - Gosh maybe 20 years ago and I
like it. The Supper has more mass and strength - and the only one made
now. Good that you found a place with the adapters. They were custom
order and long lead time when buying mine.

Martin in Texas

On 9/30/2016 8:01 AM, Dr. Deb wrote:
Having picked up a "new to me" lathe, with a 1 1/4x8 thread on the headstock, as opposed to the 1x8 on my old one, I went looking for a new chuck. I got a headstock spindle adapter from PennState (would you be 1-2 thou runout?), but wanted a chuck I could use without the adapter.

I looked at a lot of sites (finding Ebay more expensive than Amazon) and finally looked at Southern Tool. They are having a special on the SuperNova2.

http://www.southern-tool.com/store/t...ova2-chuck.php

Deb