Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Electrical Outlets Upside Down? Code?

On 09/29/2016 06:25 PM, Neill Massello wrote:

[snip]

And every *consumer* right-angle or wall-hugging plug I've ever seen was
designed for the ground pin on the bottom.

I have several of those adapters (converts duplex grounded outlet to 6),
with the outlets on the sides. There seems to be nothing about them that
would be better with one orientation (ground down or ground up) than the
other.

--
86 days until the winter celebration (Sunday December 25, 2016 12:00:00
AM for 1 day).

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason so
few engage in it." -- Henry Ford