Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Electrical Outlets Upside Down? Code?

On 09/28/2016 11:44 PM, wrote:

[snip]

I think they look stupid when they are upside down (ground on top). I
put them with ground on bottom because thats what I'm used to and what
looks best.

"looks stupid" and "looks best" is probably only what you're used to. If
they were usually ground up, it would be different.

I dont make a habit of dropping paper clips on plugs,

I don't either. That doesn't mean it can't happen. Here, I think it more
likely to be a small wire (twister) than a paper clip.

and
actually if a metal object was to fall on a loose plug, it could contact
the ground as well as the hot terminal too (with the ground on top).

More likely to trip the breaker than be a shock hazard.

[snip]

--
87 days until the winter celebration (Sunday December 25, 2016 12:00:00
AM for 1 day).

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

On the sixth day God created man On the seventh day, man returned the
favor.