Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt V. Ullman Kurt V. Ullman is offline

Default Is there any way to play a MP3 player thru Auto CD Player

On 9/23/16 9:47 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Friday, September 23, 2016 at 7:20:53 AM UTC-4, wrote:
David L. Martel:

Does it involve opening up the head unit
and looking for place to solder a line input
to?

It may depend on the vehicle/head unit.

My Honda Odyssey did not have an AUX port, but the head unit was set up
to accept an XM Radio receiver. There is an XM connector built into the
harness near the driver's side fuse panel.

I was able to add an Aux jack to my Honda Odyssey by plugging this adapter
into the XM Radio connector. By choosing the CD4 mode on the head unit I can
listen to whatever is connected to the AUX adapter. (You can get it for much
cheaper than the price shown here)

https://www.blitzsafe.com/catalog/ho...-dmx-v-2x.html

I then added a Bluetooth adapter that plugs into any vehicle's AUX port.

https://www.amazon.com/Kinivo-BTC450.../dp/B009NLTW60

The Bluetooth adapter is "permanently" plugged into my AUX adapter since I
don't need the AUX adapter for anything other than the Bluetooth adapter.
All wires and components are neatly hidden within the dashboard.

I did this a while back but now I understand that there are single devices
that add both the AUX port and the Bluetooth in one shot. Neater and cheaper.

IIRC there are some that can be plugged into the MP3 player and then
play through an unused FM channel