Martin Whybrow

Default Circuit diagram for Tek 2225 scope PSU

"Mark Kent" wrote in message
Hi experts,

Would anyone have access to a circuit diagram for a Tektronix 2225 50MHz
analogue scope?

The PSU went bang today; it appears to be both of two 2200pF caps,
one from live to earth and t'other from neutral to earth.

I'm assuming that they're both there merely for HF suppression from the
scope onto the mains supply.

The remainder of the devices seems to be fine, indeed, the trace was
still up after the 'bang', but I switched off PDQ anyway.

If anyone's got any hints or info for this scope, or suggestions regarding
the best type of capacitors for this purpose, I'd very much appreciate it.

Mark
You need to make sure that the replacement parts are class Y rated types. It
would be a good idea to find out why they went bang in the first place,
especially as both blew simultaneously.
Martin.

--
martindot herewhybrowat herentlworlddot herecom

Winter is the season in which people try to keep the house as warm as
it was in the summer, when they complained about the heat.