Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Black Iccy Black Iccy is offline

Default Wow & Flutter Meters

On Thu, 21 Jul 2016 15:54:17 -0400, JC wrote:

Base Mod by Mod freq (rate)
3Khz +/- 'x'Hz @ rate 'y'
3000 30 4

Thanks to you and Phil for the info, proved to be very useful and Adobe
Audition seems to be the way to go.

Couple of problems arose.

I need 3 test signals:

JIS (3KHz) 1% @ 4Hz
CCIR (3KHz) 1% @ 4Hz (Same as JIS? Am I missing something here?)
DIN (3.15KHz) 1% @ 4Hz

These should, according to the limited service info I have, produce a 1%
reading on the meter for each relevant setting (JIS, CCIR,DIN)

JIS was giving me 0.5% so I read up on the Adobe Audition settings and I
guess i needed mod by 60 hz, (+/-30Hz). That gave me 1% display with JIS
but then doubles up on the CCIR/DIN giving 2%

JIS is supposedly an effective mean reading, CCIR/DIN are Peak, but I'm
not making sense of these readings, any ideas?

It looks to be a problem of deviation.
Carrier +/- 30Hz (i.e. 60Hz overall) or
Carrier +/- 15Hz (i.e. 30Hz overall)

Though this is not the OP's machine, the numbers referenced
in here (below) imply a 15 Hz departure from 3150 (or 3000)
http://exodus.poly.edu/~kurt/manuals...0Procedure.pdf
* See page 3

My suggested Audition generation will do sine/square/saw/inverse_sine.
The modulation is also sine. Write output waveform to a calibration CD.