Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] steverobertsbbc@gmail.com is offline

Default Zanussi Washer Dryer not drying

Just adding to the info here, almost a decade on since that first post and I'm still keeping that same machine going!

Rather than do what I describe above, I subsequently realised how easy it was to remove the back of the machine to get much better access. Turn off power and water and remove the hose. Remove the lid by taking out the two screws and the back and sliding the lid back an inch to release it. Remove plastic caps at lower sides and undo the two bolts. Undo one bolt top back, three at bottom. Undo the rear two bolts (of four in a row) on either side at the top. Unclip the water/power entry panel and lift it up to free it, then slide off the entire back of the machine.

To remove the condenser box, undo the jubilee clip on the hose near the bottom. Unclip and pull out the rectangular water entry pipe from the top of the condenser box. Lift the big circular blower assembly upwards to free it from the condenser (you won't break it) and bend and pull the condenser free. Once it's free of the blower, a sharp tug will free it from the machine and you can then use a hose pipe to wash all the crap out of it. Also clear out the black flexible pipe with the jubilee clip and remove dried on lint from the temperature sensor inside it. Terrible bit of design really, no fluff filter in the machine, so I've had to do this every couple of years.

The other things I've had to change are the belt on the blower and a couple of times the three-way valve on the inlet has stopped letting water into the condenser - I've just ordered a second new one. Motor brushes needed replacing last year, but after about 11 years that was hardly a surprise. Also the paddles inside the drum broke up and I replaced those, which is a bit fiddly and I documented how to do that he http://www.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/forums...nt-t85147.html

I hope this thread continues to be of use to others.