Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Dr. Deb[_5_] Dr. Deb[_5_] is offline

Default Tree Ornaments

On Friday, June 24, 2016 at 12:01:00 PM UTC-5, G. Ross wrote:
I turn lots of scrap into tree ornaments. Here is a snowman (blurred)
on the chuck.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/831951...posted-public/

I use a custom made extended woodworm, made by my nephew-in-law.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/831951...posted-public/

I plug the hole with a short piece of dowel and sand smooth.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/831951...posted-public/

A tiny screw eye and piece of ribbon completes it. If it is to hang
by the base I use a hole plug and put a screw eye in it.
--
GW Ross

We are born naked, wet and hungry.
Then things get worse.

The folks of the Alabama Woodturners Assoc, make between 350 and 400 ornaments for a Christmas Tree at Children's Hospital of Alabama. Each year Children's Hospital has a Christmas tree contest where various organizations donate trees, which are then auctioned off as a fund raiser for the hospital. Each year The AWA's tree is among the first to go and brings the highest bid.