Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] jennschaubel@gmail.com is offline

Default RCA 32" LCD TV DVD combo DEAD. Model Number RLCDV3282A-B

On Tuesday, October 22, 2013 at 4:08:19 PM UTC-4, SharpShooter wrote:
Trying to fix a 32" RCA TV DVD Combo. model # RLCDV3282A-B.

When I plug in the TV does not turn ON. However a dim power light (RED led) comes On.

No clicking sound. No buzzing. Nothing. Plain and simply dead except for the dim POWER light.

I am unable to locate specifically the bad component.

Checked most capacitors. No visible signs of damage or bulge.

Across the main 450v 68uF capacitor I get 90v DC. Mains has steady 110V AC.

Output connectors of the main power supply board gives 24, 12 and 5 v DC. No problems.

However, the DVD board is not getting its 5 volt DC which actually comes from the main-board that has the graphic ic and all other video ouput connectors like HDMI etc.

I am unable to trace where/why the 5 volts from this board is NOT coming to the connector. There is another set of long connector on this main board which receives power from the power supply and that shows the relevant 12v and 5 v Dc at that point.

So in short, the main-graphic board that also powers the dvd is not giving 5v dc output to the DVD player - which i believe also powers the switches - and thus the TV is perhaps frozen in standby mode ( I am not sure of that) No remote so I cannot take it out of the standby mode - also ALL the switches are non responsive.

Any help will be appreciated.

Do you still have this TV or do you possibly have the base for it?