jbr

Default Power supplies are burning out

No 2 power supplies were the same. Here are the specifics of the ones
I used.

1st supply: L&C Technology Inc. LC-250ATX; believed to be original 2.5
years

2nd supply: No name wholesale (historically their parts are reliable)
- 350 Watt; lasted 6 days

3rd supply: QMAX LC-B300ATX; lasted 5 seconds but had been running for
2 weeks in a different machine.

FYI - The +5vsb light on my ATX power supply tester still lights when
hooked up to all three power supplies.

"Jerry G." wrote in message ...
Check to see the brand and model of supply. Some are not so good. Also
check to see if you are exceeding the rating. Maybe you need a 400 or 450
Watt supply???

--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com

"jbr" wrote in message
m...
I'm looking for ideas on what might be burning out power supplies in a
computer.

I have a computer that is on its 3rd ATX power supply in a short
period of time. In determining if the power supplies were bad I am
using a tester. Each time the tester has shown the power supply to be
bad so I replaced it and the system would work again. The latest
power supply lasted only a few days before failing.

The system is plugged into a surge protector along with other
equipment. No problems with the other equipment so I have doubts a
power surge is the culprit.

Thanks for any suggestions.

jbr