Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Black Iccy Black Iccy is offline

Default Want to build resistor..

On Mon, 30 May 2016 16:23:22 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Black Iccy wrote: "Smoother than what?"

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...indos1.svg.png

Read up on it.

No use pointing me at a set of Fletcher-Munson curves.
I met those more than 60 years ago so if you think they're
a point of enlightenment for me. Wrong. Particularly wrong
because those curves are statistical averages for particular
known levels. If you're trying to produce a response contour,
those curves are not *it*. Turn up the volume a bit and your
ears will respond differently.

If you're trying to attenuate the mid-range audible levels
for yourself, then you're intensifying the effect. Possibly wrong.

If you think that a source has not had sufficient attention
by the recording engineer at the time and that he/she did
not endeavour to ensure a good result (one which you don't like)
so you alter the response that's for you to decide. The easiest
way is to build *nothing* and just raise the trevble and bass
controls a fraction - same result.