Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Y[_3_] Don Y[_3_] is offline

Default Cheesecake, Not Don Y's 5 hour

On 5/18/2016 7:38 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 05/17/2016 10:27 PM, Don Y wrote:
Growing up, the folks in my extended family would have preferred fresh
cannoli to cheesecake. Yet another huge time sink in preparation...
and mere gulpseconds to see it all disappear!

One of the drawbacks of living in White Bread Central. When I was in the Boston
area saints' day in the North End was always good for calamari salad and
canolli. Then you could go watch the old farts drink wine and play bocce.

True of many towns/villages back east.

E.g., lots of "______ Political Clubs" (fill in the blank with
your favorite nationality). AFAICT, just a place where *men*
of ________ nationality can get away from their wives to play
cards, shoot the sh*t and otherwise lament how tough they're lives
are... :

First set of cannoli tubes I bought were aluminum. Big mistake
(doesn't shed heat fast enough!)

The real trick with cannoli is that you can't fill the shells until
you are ready to eat them. I mean, REALLY ready to eat them (like
NOW!)